Indonesian Weda Bay Industrial Park
IWIP is estimated to become one of the world’s largest nickel production centres, alongside the IMIP.
- IWIP is located on Halmahera Island in Indonesia’s North Maluku province.
- Construction commenced in August 2018.
- IWIP nickel pig iron targeted to displace higher cost production from China.
- Tsingshan is collaboration with a number of different partners across a range of IWIP projects – this includes Eramet, Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt, Zhenshi Holding Group and now Nickel Mines.
- 12 commissioned RKEF lines with the park in ramp-up.
- Site supporting facilities include 750MW of power plants, 3 port berths, airstrip, provincial road and site logistics system.
- Additional power, port capacity and other ancillary services are continuing to be progressively established.